Cowan, Tennessee is a great place to start a new business!
We're strategically located in the eastern half of Franklin County – a scenic area with a growing population and a growing need for a healthy and sustainable commerce.
As we grow and develop, Cowan is going the extra mile to retain the small-town charm and character that makes our community attractive in the first place.
Cowan Development Company has commercial buildings available right in the
heart of downtown Cowan.
- 207 Cumberland Street East: small storefront on the main street
- 201 Cumberland Street East: 1,230 sq ft, great location and parking!
- 122 Tennessee Avenue South: 3,675 sq ft (can be split in two)
- 112 Tennessee Avenue South: ~2,000 sq ft
Bring us your business plan and we'll help you find a suitable business location.
Business Plan Requirements:
- Description of business in detail;
- Type of entity (proprietary, corporation, partnership, LLC, etc.) and a list of owners with percentages;
- Description of how business will be capitalized;
- List of banking relationships;
- Budget for first year of business operation and a month-by-month pro-forma;
- A five year annual budget projection;
- Personal Financial Statement for each owner;
- Willingness to sign a triple-net building lease for a minimum of five years.
Example (not exhaustive!) List of Businesses We're Looking For in Cowan:
- Liquor Store
- Dollar Store
- Insurance Company
- Real Estate Agency
- Title and Escrow Company
- Mortgage Firm
- Travel Agency
- Telephone Call Center
- Consulting Firm
- Manufacturing Outfit
- Various retail operations
- Equipment Rental Business
- Professional Catering Service